Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko is an orthopedic spine surgeon with experience in diagnosis and treatment of multiple conditions in the musculoskeletal system. He completed a spine surgery fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute following an orthopedic residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. This orthopedic background allows him to carefully differentiate between symptoms originating at the level of the spine from other sites of the bone and joint system.
- 2002 – Graduated from medical school in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
- 2004-2006 – Orthopedic residency and fellowship at Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy, Ukraine
- 2006-2008 – Basic orthopedic research at Mayo Clinic, Orthopedic Biomechanics Laboratory, Rochester, MN.
- 2008-2013 – Orthopedic surgery residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- 2013-2014 – Combined orthopedic-neurosurgical fellowship in spine surgery at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- 2014 – Started spine surgery practice at the Grace Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas
Dr. Nesterenko believes in a thorough, comprehensive diagnostic process to discover the root cause of the disease. He then follows up by creating a personalized care plan to meet his patients’ individual needs and restore quality of life.
Dr. Nesterenko uses the latest technologies to provide sensible, personalized care in spine surgery, including minimal access, intra-operative navigation and motion preservation.
He closely works with nonsurgical spine specialists in the areas of pain management, physical therapy, chiropractics and chronic pain psychology.
Prior to offering recommendations for more invasive treatments, Dr. Nesterenko utilizes appropriate clinical and radiological evaluation, using state-of-the- art imaging and diagnostic techniques.
Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko Discusses Minimally Invasive Alternatives to Spine Surgery
Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko Discusses Difference Between Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko Discusses the Comprehensive Approach to Spine Care
Which Spine Specialist is Right for me?
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Submit your appointment request below. On receiving your information, a Grace Clinic representative will contact you with your
appointment details and confirmation.